Chocolate and Prune Triangles
The combination of chocolate and prunes rarely fails to please and these triangles are a deadly combo.Read More
- 1 cup refined flour
- 4 to 5 tsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp almond powder
- 1 tsp orange zest grated
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 to 2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 10 to 12 prunes dried
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp almond powder
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- refined flour
- chocolate chips
- orange zest grated
- To a mixing bowl add refined flour, poppy seeds, almond powder, grated lemon and orange zests, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and water.
- Knead a soft dough and rest for 8 to 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix dried prunes, caster sugar, almond powder and poppy seeds.
- Coat the prunes properly.
- Roll out the dough in a big roti, using some refined flour for dusting.
- With a cookie cutter cut circular discs.
- Flatten the prunes and fill chocolate chips and seal.
- Place the prunes at the centre of each circular disc and shape the disc into a triangle.
- Bake these triangles in an oven at 190 to 200C for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Arrange the chocolate and prune triangles in a serving plate and garnish with some grated orange zest.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.