Choco Walnut Medley
Bored of eating the same traditional Indian sweets? Add a chocolatey twist to them! Wondering how? Try choco walnut medley and bite into the layers of chocolate cake filled with Indian flavours! Check out the recipe!Read More
- For INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 100 gms Butter
- 90 gms Castor sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 60 gms Melted dark chocolate
- 100 gms chopped California walnuts
- 100 gms All purpose flour
- 10 gms Cocoa powder
- 2 gms baking powder
- FOR MODAK FILLING
- 3 Cups Desiccated Coconut
- ½ cup Jaggery
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 30 gms chopped California Walnuts
- FOR FILLING
- 250 gms Almond Halwa
- 300 gms Dark chocolate ganache
- For chocolate cake, in a large bowl, with electric mixer beat the butter until smooth.
- Add sugar and beat until the mixture is soft and fluffy.
- Add the eggs at a time, mix it well after each addition.
- Add the melted dark chocolate and beat to combine.
- And slowly, fold all the dry ingredients.
- Baking temperature should be 180 degree C for 20-25 minutes.
- For modak filling, in a pan, heat 1 tsp ghee and then add desiccated coconut and jaggery.
- Mix well till the jaggery melts completely.
- Then add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and let the mixture cool.
- For plating, slice the cake in 3 pieces.
- Place a cake slice, put almond halwa and then a cake slice and then a layer of modak filling.
- Again put a cake slice and then put a layer of chocolate ganache over it.
- Garnish with California Walnuts and whipped cream.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.