This is my grandmother's recepie hence it is closest to my heart..n it tastes like the beautiful coast line of odisaRead More
- 2cups of rice flour
- 2grated coconut
- 100 grams of chena
- 80grams of sugar
- 1tsp of baking soda
- 2tbsp of ghee
- Salt as per taste
- 1-2 cardamom
- Grind 1grated coconut with rice flour to thik paste.
- Now rest it for 4-5hrs.
- Now add some warm water to make it pancake batter consitancy.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Then add baking soda and mix well.
- Mix rest of grated coconut ,chena,and sugar and powdered cardamom and keep aside.
- Now heat a kadai.
- Add 1/2 tsp of ghee into the kadai and grease well.
- Now pour 2-3 tbsp of above prepared batter to the kadai.
- At the centre of the batter add 1 tsp oft coconut chena and sugar mixture and cover it with a lid.
- Sprinkle a little amount of water at intermittent time.
- Cook it till the a tooth pick comes clean.
- Tadaaa your chitau pitha is ready.
- It tastes good as such..but u can accompany it with aloo ki sabji.