Chimichangas By Ranveer Brar
This Mexican chimichanga is loaded a vegetable filling of bell peppers and bottle gourd along with the hint of an egg.Read More
- For the filling
- 1 sliced onion
- ½ green bell pepper juliennes
- ½ red bell pepper juliennes
- 1 peeled and sliced bottle gourd
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 6 to 7 jalapenos
- 2 tsp chopped coriander
- black pepper powder to taste
- salt to taste
- For the chimi changas
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 roti
- 1 tbsp grated cheddar cheese 1 beaten egg
- For garnish
- sour cream
- grated cheddar cheese
- Finely slice the onion. Julienne red and green bell peppers. Finely chop the peeled bottle gourd.
- For the filling, heat oil in a pan. Add some cumin seeds. Saute the chopped onion. Add a pinch of salt. Add bell pepper juliennes to the pan. Add black pepper powder and jalapenos. When these vegetables are half cooked add chopped bottle gourd. Give a stir.
- Cover the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add some chopped coriander to the filling.
- Heat oil in another pan. Roast the roti in the pan. Place the filling on the roti. Top with some grated cheddar cheese. Seal the sides of the roti with a beaten egg and carefully fold the roti.
- Chimichanga is ready. Serve it with some sour cream. Garnish with parsley leaves and grated cheddar cheese.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.