CHICKEN PIE By Shabana Memon
Winner - Your Recipe Contest – Baking Edition Fortnight 1
It is britain originated dish in desert. But this one is savoury pie with the fusion of indian and italian flavours.Read More
Cooking time 50 mins, marination 1 hr minimum
- For dough 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tsp oil
- Warm water as required
- For filling
- 250gm boneless chicken small chunks
- 1/2 cup hing curd
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp tandoori masala
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder.
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp butter
- For assembling
- 1 egg
- 4 cheese slice
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp mayonnise
- For dough Mix all ingredients of dough and make soft dough using warm water. Grease oil and cover the bowl and keep it in warm place for 2hrs or till the dough raise double in size.
- For filling Marinate chicken adding all the ingredients of filling and let it in rest in fridge for about 1 hrs .
- Take 1tsp butter in pot and put marinated chicken and let it cook till it gets tender and masala get dried.
- Take a dough punch it to regain its volume. Take a ball size dough and form a 1/2 inch thick large roti.
- Place it in a pie dish. Prick with fork. Apply mayonnise. Add filling and spread evenly in dish. Arrange cheese slices. Sprinkle pepper powder and oregano.
- Take a dough again make 1/2inch thick roti. Cut into strips using pizza cutter and arrange it in form of mat on pie dish covering stuffing.
- Egg wash the top. Spring again oregano and pepper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 min. Or till gets golden brown colour on top.
- Remove from oven apply butter. Chicken pie is reay to serve hot.