Yummy tasty delicious Chicken masala...it contains high protein and healthy recipeRead More
- ½ kg chicken (bone-icubed
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¾ tsp garam masala (or chicken masal½ tsp turmeric
- ¾ tsp Ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp Salt or as needed
- 2 tbsps curd or yogurt
- 2 tbsps Oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 green cardamoms or elaichi
- 1 cinnamon stick or dalchini (smal2 to 4 cloves or laung
- 1 cup onions finely chopped
- ¾ tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 to 2 green chilies
- ½ cup tomato puree or finely chopped
- 1 Handful mint or pudina leaves (finely chopped or curry leaves or bot1 Handful coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- Heat oil in a pan or pot. Saute cloves, cinnamon, cardamoms and bay leaf in hot oil for a min. You can also add curry leaves if you have.
- Next add in green chilies and onions. Saute them until the onions turn completely golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell goes off.
- Pour the tomato puree. Then add salt, red chili powder and garam masala as well.
- Saute this very well until the mixture begins to leave the pan.
- At this stage you can also see oil getting separated from the mixture.
- Add marinated chicken and saute for 4 to 5 mins on a medium flame.
- Turn the flame to completely low and cook covered for 5 mins.
- Flip the chicken pieces and mix everything well. Add coriander leaves or mint leaves and give a stir.
- Cover the pan again and continue to cook on a low heat until chicken is completely cooked to soft and tender. Chicken gets cooked in its own moisture, so don’t need to add water.
- Add half tsp more garam masala and chilli powder while cooking the tomato puree.
- Add little hot water or coconut milk to make a gravy. Cook until the gravy turns thick.
- Serve chicken masala hot with steamed rice, roti, sliced onion wedges and lemon.