Chicken Ghee Roast By Anagha Doiphode
Chicken Ghee Roast
A classic Mangalorean style Ghee Roast chicken, is a traditional recipe from the kitchen of Mangalorean households. A combination of succulent pieces of chicken marinated and cooked in a robust masala cooked in rich ghee. This recipe will literally leave your family asking for more.Read More
- 750 gms Chicken
- 4 Guntur dry red chillies
- 4 Kashmiri dry red chillies
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Jeera
- 1 tsp Black Peppercorn
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp Methi Seeds
- 4 Cloves
- 5-6 Garlic Cloves
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2 tsp Tamarind water
- 2 tsp water or as needed
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- 3 tsp Ghee
- 1 Large onion, finely chopped
- 3 tsp Jaggery as needed
- 8-10 Curry leaves
- Marination : First dry roast the guntur and kashmiri red chillies in a pan for 2-3 mins. Remove them and keep aside.
- Then dry roast all the spices. Coriander seeds, jeera, black peppercorn, fennel and methi seeds, cloves. Roast for 2mins until spices are aromatic.
- In a jar add red chillies all the spices, garlic, ginger, tamarind water, water and grind it to a fine paste.
- Use this fine paste for marination, add curd, salt and turmeric to a bowl. Mix everything together and squeeze lemon juice and mix.
- Now add chicken pieces to this marination and keep it for 1hr or overnight.
- Preparation : In a pan add ghee and then onions. Cook onions until translucent.
- Then add marinated chicken and cook for 2mins. Then add jaggery adjust the spice level as needed. Add in the salt to taste.
- Cook on medium heat and stir in intervals. The masala will start to reduce.
- Cook until the chicken is cooked completely and the masala is well coated on the chicken pieces.
- Then add curry leaves and mix. Turn off the gas.
- Delicious chicken ghee roast recipe is ready to serve and eat. Enjoy.