Chicken Ghee Roast
Chicken Ghee Roast is a chicken dish from South Karnataka. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria shares the recipe for this slightly tangy chicken roast. This chicken is cooked in a spicy red gravy with copious amounts of ghee, which imparts it the distinctive taste.Read More
- 400 gm of chicken
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp curd
- pink salt as per taste
- 5 - 6 dry red chillies
- 5 tbsp desi ghee
- 1/2 tbsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 3 - 4 cloves
- 1 - 1/2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 6 - 7 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp tamarind pulp
- 1 tbsp grated jaggery
- curry leaves & lemon slice
- In a bowl, add chicken, turmeric powder, lemon juice, curd, pink salt as per taste and mix it nicely.
- Refrigerate it for 2 - 3 hours.
- In a pan, add dry red chillies and roast it and add it in a bowl.
- In the same pan, add desi ghee and let it warm.
- Add fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, black peppercorns, cloves, coriander seeds and saute.
- Add all the spices in the jar.
- Add garlic, tamarind pulp and blend it.
- Add water and blend again.
- In a pan, add desi ghee.
- Add chicken pieces and sear it.
- Cook the chicken until it turns golden in colour.
- Remove it in a bowl.
- In the same pan, add desi ghee and let it heat.
- Add the paste of masala and cook it for 8 - 9 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces, grated jaggery, liquid marinade, curry leaves and mix it well.
- Garnish with curry leaves and a slice of lemon.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.