Chicken Curry By Vishaka Chavan
A very spicy and delicious chicken curry. It is a very aromatic and traditional Konkani recipeRead More
- 2 - 3 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 - 3 Star anise
- 1 large sliced Onion
- A few black Peppercorns
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Garam masala
- Red chilli powder
- 250 gms Chicken
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup Water
- /4 cup freshly grated Coconut
- 1 medium size finely chopped Onion
- Ginger garlic past
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Heat up a pan on medium heat. Add cinnamon sticks, star anise, cloves and black peppercorns. Dry roast the spices for 4 – 5 minutes. Once roasted nicely, aroma will be releasing from the spices.
- ake the spices out and add them into a blender pot and grind well. Add oil in the same pan. Add onion. Fry until the onion gets deep golden color. Add fresh coconut.
- Roast until the coconut gets nice golden color for 4 – 5 minutes. Turn off the heat. Add this roasted masala in the blender pot having dry spices. Grind the masala well.
- Take chicken in a bowl. Wash it well and keep it aside. Heat a pan on medium heat. Add oil. Add finely chopped onion. Fry it until the onion turns slight golden color. Add ginger garlic paste, garam masala, red chili powder.
- Mix well and fry for 2 minutes. Add chicken pieces. Stir well. Cover the pan and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove the lid. Mix well.
- Just move the chicken a bit aside and add the ground masala in the center of the pan. Add red chili powder. Mix well. Mix everything together. Add water, salt. Stir well. Cover the pan with lid and cook until the chicken turns tender for 10 minutes. Check the chicken with the help of fork. Add coriander leaves.
- Konkani chicken curry is ready to serve. Chicken curry goes well with ghavane. Also goes well with tandalachi bhakari and also jwarichi bhakari.