Chhena Poda By Ranveer Brar
Chhena Poda is a traditional dessert from Orissa. Chef Ranveer Brar shares the recipe for this simple and sweet dessert which is made with fresh chhena and jaggery and is baked in sal leaves. This distinctly flavoured dessert is lip-smackingly tasty.Read More
- 1 lit milk
- chhena ka pani (whey)
- 1 cup grated jaggery
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- salt to taste
- powdered sugar
- To make Chhena Poda, heat milk in a pot vessel and then tear the milk by adding chena water.
- With help of a muslin cloth, filter the chena and separate it.
- Add jaggery to the chhena and sieve it well so that it becomes little thin.
- Add little cardamom and salt then pour the mixture in the base and bake it in the OTG for 35 to 60 minutes at 195 - 180 degrees celsius.
- Take out the Chhena Podas from the OTG and serve it on a plate.
Explore our Popular Stories.