Chena poda with homemade vanilla & chocolate mousse. By Bushra Salim
Chena poda with homemade vanilla & chocolate mousse.
I am from Odisha so i am fond of this dessert.Chhena poda literally means Roasted Cheese in Odia. It is a very healthy dessert & high in protein & also child friendly. It is made of well-kneaded homemade fresh cheese chhena, sugar is baked until it browns.Read More
- 1.Freshly prepared Paneer(chena)250gm
- 2.Semolina 3tbsp
- 3.Ghee 2tbsp
- 4.Castor Sugar 6tbsp
- 5.Milk cream 4 tbsp
- 6.roasted cashew nuts 1tbsp & raisins 1tsp
- 7.elaichi powder 1tsp
- Mash the paneer well till it is soft.
- Add semolina & sugar to it.
- Stir & mix well.
- Keep it aside for 15minutes to ferment.
- After 15 minutes when it is fermented mix ghee & milk cream,elaichi powder, dryfruits like cashew & raisins to it & mix well.
- Take a container, grease it with ghee & spread a butter paper to the base.
- Spread some ghee over it too & spread the mixture in it.
- Tap it to spread it evenly.
- Place the container in an preheated oven at 180 temperature & bake it for 30minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove it from the oven & let it cool down. Then take it out & enjoy it.
- I have served it with my homemade chocolate mousse,vanilla whipped cream,dryfruits,cherries& dark chocolates & mint leaves for decoration.