Cheesy Pesto Chicken Roll Ups With Watermelon Salad By Uzma Meraj
Cheesy Pesto Chicken Roll Ups With Watermelon Salad
In this lockdown I have created a beautiful dish with seasonal fruit.Spinach is a nutrition superstar, even a fairly good source of iron. It's loaded with vitamins and minerals, some of which are hard to find in other foods. Helps build muscles, Keeps bone healthy, Releases stress,Reduce PMS symptoRead More
- Chicken breast pieces 2.
- Salt to taste
- Freshly prepared black pepper 2 tsp
- Mozzarella cheese 4 tbs
- Spinach 200 grams
- Mint leaves 20 grams
- Coriander leaves 10 grams
- Walnut and almonds powder 3 tbs
- 1Cherry tomatoes (I have used normal tomatoes which is easily available.)
- 1Watermelon balls.
- 1Cumin 1/2 tsp
- 1Rai (Black small mustard)1/4 tsp
- 1Cucumber julians.
- 1Green chilies 3 big.
- 110 thin tomato slices.
- 1Olive oil or refined oil.
- 19 Ginger and garlic paste 1 tbs
- 2Lemon juice 1 tsp
- 2Sugar 2 tsp depending how sweet is watermelon.
- Pesto sauce. (It is usually made with basil but not easily availablTake a grinder. Add in Spinach, mint and coriander leaves, salt, oil 1 tsp, almond and walnut and green chilies make a smooth paste. Do not use water at all.
- Now take the chicken breast and slice into two equal halves and put in a zip lock 1 piece at a time. With a help of kitchen hammer or rolling pin and pat over the breast piece to make it thinner and bigger.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
- Now add ginger and garlic paste to pesto sauce.
- Take pesto sauce and spread a thin layer over the thin chicken slices.
- Spread the tomato slices over the chicken, 1 tbs cheese, mayonnaise and roll. Seal it with a pointed slick wooden stick like toothpick.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the chicken pieces and fry over high flame till nice color is seen on top. It will take about 1-2 minutes from each sides.
- Sauté cherry tomatoes or diced tomatoes in same oil for just few seconds.
- Preheat the oven at 250 degree for 10 minutes.
- 1In a bowl place all the chicken rolls ups.
- 1Sprinkle cheese on the top, tomatoes and all the leftover tasty oil of the pan.
- 1Bake it for 15 minutes. And it is done.
- Salad. Take out watermelon balls. Heat a teaspoon oil in pan. Add cumin and black mustard seeds. In a bowl add the watermelon balls, sugar, cumin and mustard oil, salt to taste and lemon juice. Keep it in fridge and serve chilled with hot chicken.