Cheese Straws By Shipra Khanna
Love Cheese? Well in case you are looking for an easy as well as unique Cheesy recipe then your search ends here. These Cheese Puff Strips served with Apple Salsa is too tempting to resist and will be loved by both young and old.Read More
- 1 egg
- 1 packed phyllo pastry sheet
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 - 3 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil and Salt
- For Dip:
- 1 apple and 1 onion
- 2 - 3 sliced jalapenos
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato ketchup and 1 1/2 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 capsicum
- Beat an egg in a bowl with salt. Apply the beaten egg over the phyllo sheet. Add grated cheddar cheese, cayenne pepper. Repeat the layer again.
- Dust the top layer with flour and cut the edges using a cookie cutter. Diagonally cut the phyllo sheets. Twist the segments using hands and add them in a baking tray.
- Brush the cheese straws with olive oil. Add grated cheese and bake it in a preheated oven at 180'C for 10 - 15 minutes.
- For the dip, peel the skin of the apple, roughly chop it and transfer it in a bowl. Add chopped onion, sliced jalapenos. Add tomato ketchup, chilli sauce and mix it and mash. Add grated capsicum, mix it and transfer it in a bowl.
- Serve the Cheese Straws with the dip.
Explore our Popular Stories.