Chavishta Suralichi Vadi (khandvi) By Ar Divya Mogre
Chavishta Suralichi Vadi (khandvi)
Winner - Your Recipe Contest Week 3
Suralichi vadi is an authentic dish of Maharashtra .This is also known as Khandvi in Gujarat. You may feel it is difficult to make. But actually, it is not. This is perfect tea time snack. Enjoy this delicate and yummy suralichi vadi.Read More
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup curd
- 1 cup Besan / Chickpea flour
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Mustard seeds(mohari)
- Cumin seeds(jeera)
- sesame seeds(til)
- A pinch of Asafoetida(hing)
- 3-4 chillies
- Finely chopped curry leaves
- Take one cup of water into a pot Add curd and beat it really good We have to make buttermilk of it You can use 2 cups of buttermilk instead of curd.
- Add besan, turmeric powder and salBeat the mixture welNo lumps of besan should be left behind.
- Take a Pan and Add the Mixture in it and cook it on low flame until it becomes thik batter for about 15-20 mints .Remember, we have to cook this on low heat onlDo not keep the heat on high.
- After 15-20 minutes, take the pot out from Gas and beat the mixture again welThe process after this should be quick.
- Take a shallow Dish & flip it Grease with oil and spread 1 big spoonful batter on the traSpread it evenlThe layer should be thin.
- Let it cool down for about 7-8 minutes.
- Cut the vadi with the help of knife or cutteLift the vadi from one side and make nice roll of it.
- Transfer the vadi into a dish.
- For making tadka, heat up 1 tbsp oil in a tadka paAdd mustard seeds and let them pop uAdd cumin seeds and let them sizzle uAdd asafetida, chillies and Sesame seedCover the tadka for just about a minutAdd tadka on suralichi vadi.
- Garnish with coriander & serve it.