Chatti Pathiri By Pankaj Bhadouria
Chef Pankaj Bhadouria shares the recipe for a sweet dish from the Kerala Malabar Cuisine. Chatti Pathiri is a yummy baked delicacy which is known for its flavours and textures. Do try this recipe at home.Read More
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 red bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp milk
- For garnish
- mint leaves
- pomegranate seeds
- Make small balls of the dough and roll it out. Heat a pan and cook it for 3 - 4 seconds on each side.
- In a heated pan, add olive oil, sesame seeds and saute. Add chopped cashew nuts and saute. Add raisins, grated coconut and toast it. Add brown sugar and stir it. Add the mixture in a bowl.
- Peel the red bananas and slice it. Add the banans sliced in a pan. Add brown sugar and let it caramelise. Add the beaten eggs and let it cook.
- In another bowl, add eggs, cardamom powder, milk and whisk it.
- Grease the baking tray with olive oil. Dip the roti in the egg mixture and add it in the baking tray. Add the banana mixture, dry fruit mixture. Repeat the same process by layering with roti.
- Bake it in the preheated oven at 170'C for 20 - 25 minutes. Add black sesame seeds over it, leave for 10 minutes and unmould it.
- Cut it into pieces and garnish with pomegranate seeds and mint leaves.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.