Channa gravy By Meera Khurana
This delicious, lip smacking dish can curb your hunger making you feel full. It can be eaten with (roti/rice/chapati).Read More
- 250 g soaked black chickpeas (Chann
- 2-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp onion paste
- Freshly made tomato purèe (of 2 whole tomatoes)
- 1 small cinnamon (whole)
- 2-3 black cardamom
- 2-3 green cardamom
- 3-4 black peppercorns
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp butter (salte
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Fresh cream (1/2 tbs)
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 1 tsp Chana masala
- 1/2 L water
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add black cardamom to the pan.
- Add green cardamom .
- Add cinnamon .
- Add black peppercorns .
- Add the onion paste and cook till it turns brown .
- Add garlic and ginger paste cook till it turns brown .
- Add fresh tomato purèe.
- Add the powdered spices (turmeric powder , Red chilli powder, salt, Chana masala and chat masala).
- Stir occasionally on a low flame till the oil separates from the masala.
- Add half amount of coriander to the mixture (save some for later).
- Add the chickpeas (Channand cook for 10 mins.
- Add the water and cook again for 10 mins.
- Transfer the contents in a bowl/container and put the butter and fresh cream on the chickpeas .
- Garnish with the remaining coriander, fancy cut tomato and onion rings.
- Serve hot.