Chandrakala By Ajay Chopra
These fried dumplings from North India are stuffed with healthy ingredients from khoya and semolina and are often served during Holi. Garnish them with pistachio shavings before serving.Read More
- 1 cup refined flour
- pinch of cardamom
- 2 tbsp ghee
- ½ cup cold milk
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 100 gm khoya
- 50 gm grated coconut
- 50 gm chironji
- 50 gm cashewnuts
- 100 gm semolina
- 50 gm raisins
- 2 tbsp sugar
- pinch of saffron
- ghee for frying
- chopped dry fruits
- Procedure to make Chandrakala: In a bowl add refined flour, a pinch of cardamom powder, ghee and mix it.
- Add milk and prepare a dough.
- In a heated pan add ghee, khoya and cook until it turns brown.
- Add dried grated coconut and mix it.
- Add chironji, crushed cashew nuts.
- In a heated pan add ghee, semolina and cook it.
- When semolina turns light brown add the khoya mixture.
- Add raisins, cardamom powder, sugar and mix it.
- In a heated saucepan add sugar, saffron strands and let it melt.
- Roll out the dough into a small puri, stuff it with the mixture in the middle, apply water on sides of puri and place another puri on it.
- Press the puri on the stuffed part and roll it from the sides.
- In a heated pan add ghee and fry the Chandrakala until it turns golden brown.
- Dip the chandrakala in the sugar syrup.
- To garnish sprinkle crushed pistachios and Chandrakala is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.