These fried dumplings from North India are stuffed with healthy ingredients from khoya and semolina and are often served during Holi. Garnish them with pistachio shavings before serving.Read More
- 1 cup refined flour
- pinch of cardamom
- 2 tbsp ghee
- ½ cup cold milk
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 100 gm khoya
- 50 gm grated coconut
- 50 gm chironji
- 50 gm cashewnuts
- 100 gm semolina
- 50 gm raisins
- 2 tbsp sugar
- pinch of saffron
- ghee for frying
- chopped dry fruits
- Procedure to make Chandrakala: In a bowl add refined flour, a pinch of cardamom powder, ghee and mix it.
- Add milk and prepare a dough.
- In a heated pan add ghee, khoya and cook until it turns brown.
- Add dried grated coconut and mix it.
- Add chironji, crushed cashew nuts.
- In a heated pan add ghee, semolina and cook it.
- When semolina turns light brown add the khoya mixture.
- Add raisins, cardamom powder, sugar and mix it.
- In a heated saucepan add sugar, saffron strands and let it melt.
- Roll out the dough into a small puri, stuff it with the mixture in the middle, apply water on sides of puri and place another puri on it.
- Press the puri on the stuffed part and roll it from the sides.
- In a heated pan add ghee and fry the Chandrakala until it turns golden brown.
- Dip the chandrakala in the sugar syrup.
- To garnish sprinkle crushed pistachios and Chandrakala is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.