Chana Dal Farre
Chana Dal Farre is a classic snack from Uttar Pradesh. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria shares the authentic recipe for this snack and serves the farre with green chutney. Do try this at home and impress your family.Read More
- 1 cup wheat flour
- pink salt as per taste
- 1 cup split chickpea lentils
- 5 - 6 garlic cloves
- 2 - 3 green chillies
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp desi ghee
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 5 - 6 curry leaves
- In a bowl, add wheat flour, pink salt as per taste, water and prepare a dough and keep it aside.
- In a blender jar, add split chickpea lentils, garlic cloves, green chillies and prepare a paste. Add water, pink salt as per taste, red chilli powder and blend it again.
- Add water in a pan and let it boil. Add the dal mixture in a bowl. Make small balls of the dough and roll it out. Add the filling and seal the sides.
- To the boiling water, add olive oil. Add the farre and let it steam. Let it cool down and cut it into pieces.
- In a heated pan, add desi ghee, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves, a pinch of asafoetida and mix it well. Add the farre in it and toss.
- Add red chilli powder and toss it. Serve it hot with green chutney.
Explore our Popular Stories.