Chana Dal Bharva Puri and Kheer By Ajay Chopra
Chana Dal Bharva Puri and Kheer
The Yadav wedding rituals start with offering Chana Dal Bharva Puri and Kheer. The family and guests then savour the delicacies and start the rituals. Chef Ajay Chopra shares the recipe for this yummy combo.Read More
- 1 cup soaked chana dal
- salt and water
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 cup wheat flour
- 2 tbsp ghee
- For pithi
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- For stuffing
- 1/2 turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
- coriander sprigs
- oil for frying
- For kheer
- 1 litre milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cardamom powder
- mixed dry fruits (pistachios, almonds, cashews, raisins)
- chopped mixed dry fruits for garnish
- For Kheer, add milk in a pan and let it boil.
- Add soaked rice and let it cook.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder mixed dry fruits and, let it cook.
- For Stuffing, add water in a pan, soaked chana dal, salt as per taste, turmeric powder and let it boil.
- Grind the boiled dal and make a paste.
- To the dal stuffing add chopped coriander sprigs.
- In a heated pan add ghee, cumin seeds, a pinch of asafoetida and mix it.
- Once the cumin seeds are roasted add the dal and let it cook.
- Add turmeric powder, salt as per taste, red chilli powder, coriander powder and mix it well.
- For Puri, add wheat flour in a bowl, ghee and prepare a tight dough.
- Stuff the dough with chana dal mixture and roll it out using oil.
- Deep fry the Puri in oil until it turns crispy.
- Garnish the kheer with chopped mixed dry fruits and, it is ready to serve with Chana Dal Puri.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.