Chal Potol By Tina
It's an age old classic Bengali style recipe cooked with parwals and Gobindobhog Rice. Minimal ingredients but tastes wonderful.Read More
- 300 gm Parwal
- 1 Tomato
- 1/2 inch Ginger Slice
- 2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Mustard Oil to Cook
- 4 Tsp Gobindobhog Rice
- Wash the rice and soak in water. Let it soak for 30 minutes.
- Scrap the skin of parwal. Sprinkle 1 tsp Turmeric powder and salt and coat them well. Set aside.
- Cut the tomato and ginger slice. Make a paste.
- Put mustard oil in pan. Fry the parwals. For first few minutes fry them with a lid and in low flame. This helps in making the inside of the parwals tender . As the outer surface becomes golden, remove the lid.
- Add the masala paste. Saute them.
- Add the gobindobhog rice. Add salt and sugar to taste. Add 1 tsp Turmeric powder and 1/2 tsp garam masala powder. Cook till raw smell of the masala goes away. Add water and cover with a lid. Wait till rice gets cooked.
- As rice gets cooked, sprinkle 1/2 tsp garam masala powder and finish cooking.