Cesnica By Maria Goretti
In this episode of I Want to Bake Free, Chef Maria Goretti teaches you how to make Cesnica bread which the Serbians usually eat during Christmas feast. Sit back and enjoy the recipe.Read More
- 1 kg refined flour
- 250 gm ragi flour
- 50 gm activated dry yeast
- 120 gm softened butter
- 3 eggs
- 20 ml vegetable oil
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 eggs wash
- 2 tsp flax seeds
- In a bowl add refined flour, ragi flour, activated dry yeast, butter, eggs, oil, warm water and prepare a dough.
- In a bowl add oil, place the dough in it and add more oil.
- Cover the dough with a cloth for 40 minutes.
- Add a flour and roll the dough on it.
- Add the dough in the baking tin.
- Divide the dough into three parts and roll it out.
- Make a rope design with the two dough rolls.
- Cut the dough roll into two and place it in the baking tin in a crossed shape.
- Place the rope dough on the edge of the baking tin.
- Cover it with a piece of cloth for 30 mins.
- Brush the egg wash on the dough.
- Add flax seeds and bake it in a preheated oven at 180' C for 20 minutes.
- Once baked Cesnica is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.