Carrot Kheer By Prabhakar Subramanian
Satisfy your sweet palate with a healthy dose of carrot and nuts.Read More
- Grated Carrot - 250 gms
- Millk - 500 ml
- Sugar - 200 gms
- Cardamom - 5 pods
- Edible camphor - 1 pinch
- Ghee - 50 gms
- Cashes and raisins - 50 gms
- Rose essence - 2 ml
- Cook the grated carrot in half cup milk either on low flame or pressure cook to a single whistle.
- In a thick bottomed pan pour the rest of the milk and heat till it reduces to 3/4th of original portion.
- Add the sugar to milk while continuing to heat the milk. Keep stirring till the sugar completely dissolves in the milk.
- Add powdered cardamom powder to the milk.
- Now added the cooked carrot to the sweetened milk and continue heating on low flame for a few minutes.
- Add a few drops of rose essence.
- In a kadai heat some ghee and fry some cashew nuts and raisins till golden brown.
- Add the fried nuts and raisins to the carrot milk kheer.
- Can be consumed either hot or cold as required.