Caramelised Onion Risotto
You have had spinach, mushroom and tomato based risottos and loved them. Now have this heartwarming, simple meal of Caramelised Onion Risotto which has a distinctive flavour of caramelised onions.Read More
- 4 tbsp oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- few thyme sprigs
- 1 onion
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 tbsp white butter
- 4 tbsp caramelized onion
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- chopped parsley
- 1 onion
- ½ tsp crushed black pepper
- 50 gm parmesan cheese
- In a heated pan add olive oil, sliced onion, sugar and cook it until it turns brown and transfer it to a bowl.
- In a heated pan add oil, chopped garlic, thyme sprigs, finely chopped onions and let it cook.
- Extract the roasted thyme sprigs, garlic and add them in a bowl.
- To the oil add arborio rice and toss it.
- Add white butter and let it melt.
- Add caramelised onion and mix it well.
- Add vegetable stock, chopped parsley leaves and let it cook.
- To the skewers add diced onions, white butter and let it char on a gas stove.
- Sprinkle salt on the charred onion, To the gravy, add crushed black pepper, grated parmesan cheese stir it and let it cook for 4 - 5 minutes.
- To garnish add caramelised onions, thyme sprigs, garlic flakes, chopped parsley leaves, charred onions, parmesan cheese flakes, olive oil and black pepper powder.
- Caramelised onion risotto is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.