Caramelised Onion Risotto By Gautam Mehrishi
Caramelised Onion Risotto
You have had spinach, mushroom and tomato based risottos and loved them. Now have this heartwarming, simple meal of Caramelised Onion Risotto which has a distinctive flavour of caramelised onions.Read More
- 4 tbsp oilve oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- few thyme sprigs
- 1 onion
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 tbsp white butter
- 4 tbsp caramelized onion
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- chopped parsley
- 1 onion
- ½ tsp crushed black pepper
- 50 gm parmesan cheese
- In a heated pan add olive oil, sliced onion, sugar and cook it until it turns brown and transfer it to a bowl.
- In a heated pan add oil, chopped garlic, thyme sprigs, finely chopped onions and let it cook.
- Extract the roasted thyme sprigs, garlic and add them in a bowl.
- To the oil add arborio rice and toss it.
- Add white butter and let it melt.
- Add caramelised onion and mix it well.
- Add vegetable stock, chopped parsley leaves and let it cook.
- To the skewers add diced onions, white butter and let it char on a gas stove.
- Sprinkle salt on the charred onion, To the gravy, add crushed black pepper, grated parmesan cheese stir it and let it cook for 4 - 5 minutes.
- To garnish add caramelised onions, thyme sprigs, garlic flakes, chopped parsley leaves, charred onions, parmesan cheese flakes, olive oil and black pepper powder.
- Caramelised onion risotto is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.