California Roll By Rakhee Vaswani
If you are looking for a vegetarian sushi recipe, this one's for you.Read More
- For rice rolls
- 2 cups washed and soaked sushi rice
- 1 peeled chopped cucumber
- 6 to7 chopped into long slices cream cheese
- 1 tbsp wasabi powder
- 1 peeled and chopped avocado
- 1 tbsp sushi seasoning
- 1 sushi mat
- 1 nori seaweed
- white and black sesame seeds as required
- water as required
- For garnish
- japanese mayonnaise
- pickled ginger
- For serving
- soy sauce
- Put the soaked sushi rice in a rice cooker with some water, let the rice cook.
- Add the sushi seasoning to the cooked rice and mix well.
- Cut the nori seaweed into half and then place one half on the sushi mat.
- Spread the cooked sushi rice evenly on the one half of the nori seaweed.
- Flip and then add the line up the cucumber, cream cheese and avocado, all chopped lengthwise.
- Hold the filling and then fold with the help of three fingers and press.
- Repeat this thrice and finally seal it on the third roll.
- Cut the sushi into cubes and dip one side either in white and black sesame seeds. Place the cubes on a tray.
- Add very little water to the wasabi powder and make a paste.
- Roll the paste and shape it like a leaf.
- Arrange it on the plate with the pickled ginger.
- Drizzle with Japanese mayonnaise and serve with soy sauce.
Explore our Popular Stories.