Butter Milk Pudding With Orange Sauce
Chef Ranveer Brar presents a recipe for Butter Milk Pudding with Orange Sauce, a traditional dessert recipe from South Africa. It has a slight tang of buttermilk and citrusy flavour of orange. This pudding is creamy, fluffy and delicious.Read More
- For pudding
- 4 egg white
- 5 egg yolk
- 100 gm butter
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 100 gm refined flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 200 ml butter milk
- 80 ml milk
- For sauce
- 200 ml orange juice
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 tsp cointreau
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp butter
- few drops vanilla extract
- For garnish
- orange wedges
- mint sprigs
- In a bowl, add egg whites and whip it nicely.
- In another bowl, add butter and mix it well.
- Add castor sugar and mix it well.
- Add egg yolk and mix it.
- Add refined flour and mix it well.
- Add vanilla essence, egg white mixture and mix it.
- Add buttermilk, milk and mix it well.
- Add egg yolk and mix it again.
- Add the batter in a bowl.
- Fill the baking tray with water and add the bowl in it.
- Bake it in the oven at 170'C for 35 - 40 minutes.
- In a heated pan, add orange juice, castor sugar, Cointreau.
- In a bowl, add cornstarch, water and mix it.
- Add the slurry in the pan and mix it.
- Add butter and mix.
- Add vanilla extract and mix.
- On a grilling pan, grill orange wedges.
- Garnish the pudding with mint leaves, orange wedges, orange sauce.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.