Burmese Lentil Soup
After teaching us how to prepare Indian and oriental vegetarian fare, Chef Gautam Mehrishi next transports you to Burma and shows you how to prepare a Burmese Lentil Soup.Read More
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 onions
- 3 red green chillis
- ½ tsp black peppercorns
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup soaked split red lentils
- 1 potato
- 3 tsp oil
- 2 tsp chilli vinegar
- fresh coriander leaves
- ½ tsp paprika powder
- fresh mint leaves
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp chilli vinegar
- 4 tbsp white breadcrumbs
- picked chilli - coriander
- 1 lemon
- In a pan add oil and let it heat.
- Chop onions, green & red chilli.
- To the oil add black peppercorns, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, soaked split red lentils, salt and stir it.
- Finely chop slices of potatoes.
- Add water in the dal and let it cook.
- In a bowl add oil.
- In another bowl add chopped green chillies, vinegar, fresh coriander leaves, salt, oil and leave it.
- In the heated oil add cumin seeds, paprika powder, finely sliced potatoes and mint leaves.
- To the dal add black pepper powder and stir it.
- To the potatoes add chopped onions, chilli vinegar, salt and heat it.
- Add white bread crumbs and toss it.
- To garnish in a bowl add dal, potato mixture, parsley, fresh coriander leaves.
- Add pickle chilli - coriander in a bowl.
- Dip the lemon wedge in crushed black pepper powder, paprika powder.
- Sprinkle black pepper powder on dal and Burmese lentil soup is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.