Burmese Lentil Soup By Gautam Mehrishi
Burmese Lentil Soup
After teaching us how to prepare Indian and oriental vegetarian fare, Chef Gautam Mehrishi next transports you to Burma and shows you how to prepare a Burmese Lentil Soup.Read More
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 onions
- 3 red and green chillis
- ½ tsp black peppercorns
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup soaked split red lentils
- 1 potato
- 3 tsp oil
- 2 tsp chilli vinegar
- fresh coriander leaves
- ½ tsp paprika powder
- fresh mint leaves
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp chilli vinegar
- 4 tbsp white breadcrumbs
- pickled chilli and coriander
- 1 lemon
- In a pan add oil and let it heat.
- Chop onions, green & red chilli.
- To the oil add black peppercorns, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, soaked split red lentils, salt and stir it.
- Finely chop slices of potatoes.
- Add water in the dal and let it cook.
- In a bowl add oil.
- In another bowl add chopped green chillies, vinegar, fresh coriander leaves, salt, oil and leave it.
- In the heated oil add cumin seeds, paprika powder, finely sliced potatoes and mint leaves.
- To the dal add black pepper powder and stir it.
- To the potatoes add chopped onions, chilli vinegar, salt and heat it.
- Add white bread crumbs and toss it.
- To garnish in a bowl add dal, potato mixture, parsley, fresh coriander leaves.
- Add pickle chilli - coriander in a bowl.
- Dip the lemon wedge in crushed black pepper powder, paprika powder.
- Sprinkle black pepper powder on dal.
- Burmese lentil soup ready to be served.
Explore our Popular Stories.