A flavoured, mutton dish eaten in Bundelkhand to beat the heat served along with puris made from jowar and wheat flour. Garnish it with salt, chopped green chilli, ginger and coriander leaves.Read More
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cloves
- 4 green cardamoms
- 4 black cardamoms
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- 500 gm mutton
- 1 tomato
- 1 green chilli
- 50 white chickpeas
- Procedure to make Bundeli Ghost: In a heated pan add ghee.
- In a plate add cumin seeds, black pepper, cloves, green cardamom add all this in the heated ghee.
- Add black cardamom and mix it.
- Add chopped onions and let it turn light brown.
- Add ginger - garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and mix it well.
- Add mutton, water and stir it.
- Add chopped tomatoes, green chilli, water and let the mutton cook.
- Add soaked white chickpeas and let it cook.
- Prepare a dough of wheat flour, jowar flour, salt and cumin seeds.
- Roll out the dough and make puri.
- Deep fry it in the heated oil.
- In the mutton add salt, chopped green chillies, ginger, coriander.
- To garnish add sliced onions, green chilli, fresh coriander leaves and Bundeli Ghost is ready to serve with puri.
Explore our Popular Stories.