Brown Rice & vegetables Timbales By Vaibhav Mahajan
Brown Rice & vegetables Timbales
Timbales moulded brown rice and vegetables when accompanied with a fresh salad is a sheer pleasurable meal.Read More
- For Brown Rice & vegetables Timbales: 1 chopped white onion
- 1 peeled and diced carrot
- 3 sliced button mushrooms
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped pine nuts
- 2 to 3 basil leaves
- chopped thyme and parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup boiled brown rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp grated mozzarella cheese
- Crushed black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- For Salad: 1 iceberg lettuce
- 1 diced tomato
- Few toasted pine nuts
- 3 to 4 basil leaves
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- For Garnish: Parsley
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion carrot, mushrooms, pine nuts and saute well.
- Transfer the mushroom carrot mixture to the bowl of cooked rice. Add chopped basil, thyme, parsley leaves and mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, Worcestershire sauce, milk, crushed black pepper, and salt.
- Add grated parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and whisk again.
- Add this egg mixture to the rice and vegetables and mix well. Transfer the mixture to the timbales. Grate some more cheese on top.
- Arrange the timbales on a baking tray. Bake for 10 to 15 min at 180 C.
- For the salad, mix chopped iceberg lettuce with chopped tomato, toasted pine nuts, basil leaves, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil.
- Toss the salad and transfer to the serving dish. Serve the timbales with the salad. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Explore our Popular Stories.