Brown Rice and Urad Daal Idli By Gautam Mehrishi
Brown Rice and Urad Daal Idli
Here is a favourite snack, whose taste and flavour are unbeatable.Read More
- 1 cup black gram soaked
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 tsp all ground spice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp soaked fenugreek seeds
- 12 to 16 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 to 3 tbsp soaked parched rice
- ½ cup coconut roasted
- coconut oil
- roasted coconut
- Grind soaked black gram with brown rice salt, all ground spice, sugar and soaked fenugreek seeds.
- Add a little water to the mix and grind again, adding a little coconut oil.
- Transfer this mix to a bowl and mix it with soaked parched rice.
- Add a little more coconut oil to this mixture and blend it gently with a spoon.
- Pour coconut oil to a special appam maker (with round cups moulded into it) and heat it.
- Add roasted coconut to each cup in the appam maker.
- When the colour of the coconut changes add the mixture in the bowl to each cup.
- Cook it for some time until the colour changes.
- Garnish the serving plate with roasted coconut.
- Transfer the appams to the plate and serve hot.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.