Brazilian Pot Pie By Shipra Khanna
Brazilian Pot Pie
A classic and traditional Brazilian dish, Brazilian Pot Pie is downright delicious. Chef Shipra Khanna’s baked pie, crusty and flaky, is super scrumptious to resist. It is pure comfort food.Read More
- 1 onion and 1 tomato
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 - 5 garlic cloves and 4 - 5 green olives
- 1 1/2 hot sauce and 2 1/2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 - 3 parsley leaves
- 100 grams of shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 beaten egg
- For doug;h 250 grams all purpose flour and 1 cup butter 1 egg
- For garnish: Cherry tomatoes and Parsley leaves
- In a heated pan, add oil, chopped garlic, onions and saute. Add chopped tomatoes, salt as per taste, olives and mix it.
- For the dough, in a bowl, all-purpose flour, butter and mix it using hands. Add egg and knead a dough. Leave the dough to chill for half an hour.
- To the vegetables, add hot sauce, tomato sauce, chopped parsley leaves. Add shredded chicken, chicken broth, salt as per taste, black pepper and leave it to cook for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Place the dough on a butter paper and divide it into two parts. Roll out the dough and add it on a pie dish. Prick the dough with a fork. Cover the dough with foil, add kidney beans and bake it in a preheated oven at 180'C for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Roll out the second part of the dough and refrigerate it. Add the filling to the pie shell. Invert the refrigerated crust over the pie. Brush it with beaten egg. Prick it using a fork and bake it in a preheated oven at 180'C for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes, parsley leaves and serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.