Brazilian Fried Pastry By Shipra Khanna
Brazilian Fried Pastry
Brazilian Fried Pastry is Brazil’s favourite snack. Chef Shipra Khanna shares the recipe of this thin-crust fried pastries filled with cheese, honey and sun-dried tomatoes. This crisp, deep-fried pastry makes for a savoury teatime snack.Read More
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 eggs and Salt
- 200 grams all purpose flour
- For filling:
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 - 3 sundried tomatoes
- In a bowl, add oil, salt as per taste, eggs and whisk it. Add all-purpose flour and prepare a dough. Rest the dough for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, add grated cheddar cheese, chilli flakes, oregano, honey, salt as per taste. Add chopped sundried tomatoes and mix it.
- Roll out the dough over the butter paper. Cut it into square shapes using a mould. Add them in a plate, cover it and leave it to prove.
- Stuff the pastry with filling. Seal the side and give it a triangular shape. Prick the edges using a fork. Deep fry it in the oil until it turns golden brown and crunchy.
- Garnish with parsley leaves and serve with tomato sauce.
Explore our Popular Stories.