Braided Garlic Bread By Mallika Ghai
Braided Garlic Bread
"Garlic by the savour, bread by the color." This recipe of braided garlic bread is really very delicious and gorgeous looking. Its each bite contains garlic. Its taste is enhanced by adding chili flakes and garlic and herbs seasoning. Garlic stimulates immune system and is good for health.Read More
- 2 + 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 + 1/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 + 1/2 Cups Lukewarm Water
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 3 tsp Minced Garlic
- 10 grams Melted Butter
- Chili Flakes
- Garlic and Herbs Seasoning
- In a mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour, yeast, sugar and salt.
- Prepare Lukewarm water.
- Start pouring lukewarm water over the dry ingredients.
- Start collecting them in the shape of the dough.
- Start kneading the dough for 15 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp oil on the dough and again knead the dough for 5 minutes. The dough will be smooth now.
- Keep the dough in an oil greased bowl and put some oil on the top of the dough.
- Cling wrap the bowl.
- Keep the bowl at some warm place for first proofing for about 1 hour or until it is doubled in size.
- After first proofing, sprinkle some flour on the dough and knead it softly.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal parts.
- Roll each part of the dough into rectangular shape.
- In a small bowl, add melted butter and minced garlic to it and mix well.
- Brush this butter-garlic mix onto each rolled rectangular shaped dough evenly.
- Sprinkle some chili flakes and garlic and herbs seasoning on it.
- Now roll the rectangular dough into long ropes.
- Place the 3 ropes on a greased baking tray.
- Now, start braiding with the ropes . The bread will look like a braid.
- Brush some butter garlic mix , chili flakes and garlic and herbs seasoning on the top of the bread.
- Now again cling wrap the dough and keep it in a warm place for about 20 minutes for second proofing.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes.
- After second proofing, keep the braided dough in the preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- After its baked, brush some melted butter on the top of the bread.
- Enjoy the braided garlic bread.