Braided Garlic Bread
This recipe is an amazing TWIST to the usual garlic bread 😍Read More
- Plain Flour / Maida - 1 Cup
- Full Fat Milk - 1/4th Cup + 2 Tbsp
- Water - 2 Tbps
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Active Dry Yeast - 1Tsp
- Sugar - 1/2 Tbsp
- Salt - 1 Tsp
- Finely Chopped Garlic - 2 Tbsp
- Coriander - 1 Tbsp
- Finely Chopped Green Chillies - 1/2 Tbsp
- Italian / Pizza Seasoning - 3/4 Tbsp
- Chilli Powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Add the yeast and sugar to lukewarm temperature water and milk. Allow it to bloom for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix flour and 1/2 Tsp salt. Once yeast bubbles up, add it to the flour and make it into a soft dough.
- Add 1 Tbsp butter to the dough and knead it for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Once kneaded, allow it to rest for one hour or until it doubles up in size. Cover the bowl to ensure that the dough is not dried out.
- While the dough is rising, make the garlic butter.
- Mix room temperature butter with finely chopped garlic, coriander, green chillies along with salt and seasoning.
- Once the dough is risen, divide them into 2 balls and roll them into a long sheet of 1 cm thickness.
- Put the garlic butter in centre of the sheet and roll them into a cylinder. Similarly, make the other roll as well.
- Pinch the top of both the cylinder together, cut them in the centre of both the cylinder allowing a little gap on top. Now we should have four pieces of dough with which we can make a four strand braid.
- While you are braiding the dough, pre heat the oven at 200°C for 10 minutes. Once the dough is braided, brush them with little milk before baking them.
- Bake them at 200°C for 15 minutes with both the rods on in an OTG.
- Serve the garlic bread with favourite dipping sauce of your choice.