Bombay Duck By Rakhee Vaswani
One of Mumbai's most loved starter, Bombay Duck is a flavourful fish preparation. Crisp and yummy, this recipe is a must-try for all seafood lovers. Chef Rakhee Vaswani shares the step-by-step recipe.Read More
- 4 - 5 bombay duck
- 1 cup tempura flour
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp crushed black pepper
- chilled water as required
- oil for deep frying
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp wasabi powder
- ½ cup condensed milk
- ½ tbsp lime juice
- In a bowl, combine tempura flour, salt, crushed black pepper, and chilled water to make a batter.
- Season the flour with salt, and crushed black pepper.
- Coat the bombay ducks with the seasoned flour, dip them in the batter, and deep fry till done.
- Drizzle some drops of the batter into hot oil to make boondi for garnish.
- In a bowl, mix mayonnaise, wasabi powder, condensed milk and lemon juice to make wasabi mayonnaise.
- Serve the bombay duck with wasabi mayo and garnish with coriander leaf, fried boondi with lemon wedge.
Explore our Popular Stories.