BLACK CHICKPEA SAVORY PAN CAKE AND AVOCADO MASH
This is a very Indian dish with a progressive twist.I choose Chickpea flour is because it is rich in vitamins and minerals.Fewer calories & gluten free alternative.Fresh turmeric, fresh ginger will boost your immunity which is very essential at this time.Avocado we all know it is fully nutritious.Read More
- BLACK CHICKPEA SAVORY PAN CAKE INGREDIENTS
- Black chickpea flour or Gram Flour (Besa1cup
- Carom Seeds (Ajwai1/4 Teaspoon
- Onion Seed (Kalonj1/4 Teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder 1/4 Teaspoon
- Coriander Powder 1 Teaspoon
- Chaat Masala 1/2 Teaspoon
- Cumin Powder 1/4 Teaspoon
- Salt 1/4 Teaspoon
- Finely Chopped Onion 1/3 Cup
- Finely Chopped Green Chili 1
- Coriander Leaves chopped 1/4 Cup
- Finely Chopped Fresh Turmeric 1 Teaspoon
- Finely Chopped Fresh Ginger1 Teaspoon
- Water 2 - 3 Cup
- Ghee Or Oil To Fry
- AVOCADO MASH INGREDIENTS
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup of minced red onion or thinly sliced green onion
- 1-2 chillies minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (leaves and tender stems), finely chopped
- A dash of freshly grated black pepper
- 1/2 ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
- Red radishes or jicama, to garnish
- 1.Take a large bowl and sift the black chickpea flour.
- 2.Add finely chopped onion, green chili , fresh turmeric , ginger and coriander leaves and all dry spices like red chili powder, carom seeds, onion seeds, coriander powder, chaat masala, cumin powder and salt.
- 3.Mix all the spices well in black chickpea flour..
- 4.Add water little by little (about 1/2 cuand mix well, and add water and mix again to remove all the lumps and prepare a thick batter.
- 1.Take a non-stick tawa (griddland heat it on medium flame. When the tawa gets hot, spread 1/2 teaspoon of ghee or oil over it.
- 2.Fill a ladle with the black chickpea pancake batter prepared above and pour the batter on the surface of the tawa and gently spread it.Pour 1 teaspoon of ghee around the edges of the pancake and cook it on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes or till the edges leave the tawa.
- 3.Gently flip the pancake to cook the other side with the help of a spatula.
- 4.Now the Black chickpea pancake is ready to be served.
- Cut the avocado, remove flesh: Cut the avocados in half. Remove the pit. Score the inside of the avocado with a blunt knife and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. (See How to Cut and Peel an Avocado.) Place in a bowl.
- Mash with a fork: Using a fork, roughly mash the avocado. (Don't overdo it! The guacamole should be a little chunky.).
- Add salt, lime juice, and the rest: Sprinkle with salt and lime (or lemojuice. The acid in the lime juice will provide some balance to the richness of the avocado and will help delay the avocados from turning brown.
- Add the chopped onion, cilantro, black pepper, and chiles. Chili peppers vary individually in their hotness. So, start with a half of one chili pepper and add to the guacamole to your desired degree of hotness.
- Remember that much of this is done to taste because of the variability in the fresh ingredients. Start with this recipe and adjust to your taste.
- Chilling tomatoes hurts their flavor, so if you want to add chopped tomato to your guacamole, add it just before serving.
- Serve: Serve immediately, or if making a few hours ahead, place plastic wrap on the surface of the guacamole and press down to cover it and to prevent air reaching it. (The oxygen in the air causes oxidation which will turn the guacamole brown.) Refrigerate until ready to serve.