Black Bean Soup
Winter is coming and this satisfying soup is the right way to pamper yourself. Slurp on it as you tune in to your favourite TV show. This soup with some bread can make a good dinner.Read More
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 tsp chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp chopped garlic cloves
- 1 cup black bean
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 9 cups hot water
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- For garnish:
- In a pan, heat up the oil. Toss in the chopped onions and celery; saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chopped red bell pepper and saute further for 7 to 8 minutes, Sprinkle garlic and cumin into the pan and cook for a minute more.
- Transfer this mixture to a deep-dish pot, and in goes the black beans, red chilli powder and 7-8 cups hot water. Stir well. Cover the pot with a lid and allow the broth to cook for 3 to 5 hours.
- Adjust the seasoning, add in the lime juice, 1 cup hot water and mix well.
- Transfer the contents from the pot into a bowl. Blend half the mixture into a puree. Add it to the remaining beans and stir well.
- Serve hot, garnished with some cream for best results.
Explore our Popular Stories.