Bitter gourd Stuffed Chapati
This is a diabetic friendly recipe. It is cooked and combined in such a way that you will actually forget the bitter taste and enjoy it.Read More
- 4 Bitter gourd / Karela grated
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Cottage Cheese grated
- ½ tsp Kashmiri red chili powder / lal mirch powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder / jeera powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp ginger / adrak, grated
- ½ Tbsp Carom Seed / Ajwain
- 1 Green Chilly Chopped
- 1 Cup wheat Flour
- Ghee or oil as required for Roasting
- Firstly Rinse bitter gourd very well then drain the water very welCut into two halveRemove the seed.
- Then grate pieces using a fine grateAnd squeeze the water from it for furthur use.
- Add 1 finely chopped green chili , Red Chilly Powder , Salt , Carom Seed / Ajwain , cumin powder.
- Add Finely Chopped Onion , Ginger and Cottage cheese.
- Uniformly mix all the ingredientKeep Aside.
- In a bowl or vessel take whole wheat flour.
- Knead the wheat flour with water and add squeezed water from grated bitter gourd to a smooth doug.
- Pinch a medium sized ball from dough, roll about 5 inches in diameter.
- Place the prepared stuffing in the center.
- Take the edge and start pleating bringing to center and press the pleats from centePinch out extra dough.
- Furthermore, sprinkle some flour and roll to of a chapati size.
- On a hot tava place the rolled paratha and cook both sides.
- Serve hot Parathas with raita / Curd or pickle.