Biscuit Pudding By Rehaan Thahseeb
It is a dish of the crunchiness of the biscuit and the soft texture of the chocolate mixture.Read More
- 150 gm pettit beurre biscuits (or any square biscuit of your choice)
- ⅓ cup hot water
- ½ tsp instant coffee
- Grated chocolate for topping
- FOR PUDDING BASE:
- 500 ml milk
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- For the pudding base, combine ingredients from milk to salt in a saucepan.
- Keep on low flame and cook till the mixture thickens. Switch off and whisk in the vanilla. Set aside.
- Add the coffee into the water and mix.
- Take a 1 litre (4 x 4 incglass pan, line the bottom with biscuits, after dipping into the coffee.
- Spread a thin layer of the chocolate mixture on top.
- Dip another layer of biscuits into the coffee and layer onto the dish. Finish off with the layer of the chocolate mixture.
- Cover with cling film and allow the pudding to set in the for a fridge for a couple of hours.
- Just before serving, top with grated chocolate.