BirdHouse Munch Crunch By Nimisha Arora
BirdHouse Munch Crunch
A Munchy Veggie Delight with a Crunchy Coat of Vermicelli. A perfect starter to start with!!Read More
- 4 Medium Size Potatoes, Boiled & Mashed
- 2 Medium Size Onions, Fine Chopped
- 1/2 Carrot, Grated
- 2 Green Chilly, Fine Chopped
- Coriander Leaves, Fine Chopped
- 1Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 4 Tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 Tbsp Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 2 Cups Roasted Vermicelli
- Oil (To Fry)
- 100 gms Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Amchoor Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Garam Masala
- Salt, To taste
- Water, As required
- Preparation of Cutlets: Make a mixture of Potatoes, Onions, Carrot, Green Chillies, Coriander Leaves, Ginger Garlic Paste, 2 Tbsp Cornflour, Bread Crumbs, Chilli Powder, Amchoor Powder, Garam Masala and Salt (to taste). Make big lemon sized portions out of mixture and roll them to form Tikki (Cutleshape.
- Preparation of Slurry: Mix 2 Tbsp Cornflour, 2 Tbsp Maida and a pinch of salt. Add Water , as required, to form a slurry.
- Take one Tikki at a time. Dip it into the slurry and coat it with the Roasted Vermicelli. Gently press the coated tikki at the centre with your thumb to form a Nest Shape. Repeat for all the tikkis. Put them in Refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- In a pan, heat the oil for deep frying.
- After completion of 15-20 minutes, fry the tikkis into the hot oil at low to medium flame. Fry till golden brown. Take all the Nest shaped fried tikkis on the tissue paper to absorb the excess oil.
- Preparation of Dummy Eggs: Finely mash the Cottage Cheese and add a pinch of salt to it. Take small portions and roll them to form small egg shape.
- Plating : Place all the Nest Shaped tikkis on the plate. Put 1 coriander leaf and 2-3 egg shaped cottage cheese at the center of tikkis.
- BirdHouse Munch Crunch is ready to serve.