Bird Nest semolina gaintha khir By Lagna Nayak
Bird Nest semolina gaintha khir
Khira semolina gaintha is a very delicate and extremely elevating dessert that's unique to odisha.this consists of balls of semolina dough soacked in reduced caradamom flavoured milk.Read More
- 1 cup semolina
- 1 cup vermicelli
- 2 cup brown sugar, evaporated
- 1cup milk, salt as required
- 1 tablespoon cardamom powder(elaichi)
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut
- 4 cup fresh milk
- 1/4 cup cashew neuts, crushed
- 1/4 cup badam( almond),crushed and ghee as required
- To begin making the suji gaintha recipe, boil water in apaAdd a teaspoon of ghee and a teaspoon of salt and brown sugar.
- Now gradually and continuously add semolina (sujto the water and keep stirring.
- Make sure there aren't any lumps lower the flame, cover the pan with a lid and cook it for five minutes.
- Take this mixture and turn it on to a wide plate and let it cooOnce it has cooled just enough knead it with your fingers so that it forms a ball.
- Make small ball and fry them In medium temperature in an another deep pan boil the milk and evaporated milk.
- Simmer in low flame until milk thickens add the rest of the sugar, cardamom powder and heat the milk some more.
- Now one by one drop the fry balls in to the boiling milk and continue 10 min stirring.
- You can make a powder with 1 tablespoon of rice powder and add it to the milk to thicken it and last add to coconut and serve it to bird nest bowel.