Bikaneri Chana Dal Parantha and Dum Aloo By LF Team
Bikaneri Chana Dal Parantha and Dum Aloo
Are you bored with the same old lunch menu? Then try this recipe of Bikaneri Chana Dal Parantha and Dum Aloo. This unique combination of the crispy dal parantha and spicy and tangy dum aloo will make your colleagues or friends drool over your lunch box.Read More
- For the Parantha
- 1 cup split bengal gram
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp oil, garam masala, coriander powder, red chilli powder
- For the dough
- 500 gm flour
- 1 cup water
- For the Parantha: Soak split bengal gram in water for 6 hours.
- Heat water in a cooking pot and add the soaked split bengal gram.
- Cook it for 8-10 minutes.
- Once the bengal gram is cooked, drain the water from the lentils and grind the bengal gram till it turns into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Add the grinded mixture and saute it for 3-4 minutes. Then, sprinkle garam masala, coriander powder, red chilli powder and salt.
- Mix them well and keep it aside.
- For the dough: In a mixing bowl, add flour, salt and water.
- Mix well until it turns into a dough.
- Make small dough balls from the dough. Flatten the dough-balls with your fingers.
- Stuff the filling and seal the edges. Again, flatten the stuffed dough-ball with your fingers to give it a shape of a roti.
- Brush a pan with oil. Cook the parantha on both sides until it turns golden brown.
- For Dum Aloo: Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add cumin seeds, asafoetida, chopped tomatoes and chopped potatoes.
- Sprinkle coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt and water.
- Mix them well and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve Dum Aloo with Bikaneri Chana Dal Parantha.
Explore our Popular Stories.