Bhunal Ghost By Ajay Chopra
Unlike other meats and dishes, which are cooked in various cooking oils like mustard oil, Bhunal Ghosht is cooked in the same oil in which onions were caramelized. Treat yourself with some Bhojpuri style meat.Read More
- 2 onions
- 500 gm meat
- 4 - 5 cardamoms
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp black peppercorn
- 3 dried red chillies
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg powder
- Procedure to make Bhunal Ghost: In a heated pan add oil, finely chopped onions and cook until it turns brown.
- Add the fried brown onions on a plate.
- In the same pan add meat and let it cook.
- In a grindstone, ground clove and green cardamom mixed with water.
- Add the crushed clove & green cardamom in the meat.
- On the grindstone crush ginger - garlic and make a paste.
- Add the ginger - garlic paste in the mutton and mix it well.
- Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, crushed black peppercorn, dried red chillies, water and stir it.
- Cover the pan with the lid and let the mutton cook.
- Add bay leaves and let it cook.
- Mix the fried brown onions with nutmeg powder and mix it in the mutton.
- Garnish Bhunal Ghost with sliced onions, lemon wedge, green chilli, fresh coriander leaves and it is ready to serve with rice.
Explore our Popular Stories.