Chef Ajay Chopra gives you a reason to try sampling Kareley as he demonstrates how to make these stuffed vegetable bitter gourds in the comfort of your kitchen. Garnished with sliced onions on it.Read More
- 5 bitter gourds
- turmeric powder
- 1 cup soya granules
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 onions
- 2 inch ginger
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tomato
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 2 green chillies
- 20 gm coriander leaves
- 1 potato
- Procedure to make Bharva Kareley: Peel off the bitter gourd, slit it and extract the seeds from it.
- In a bowl add the bitter gourd, salt, turmeric powder and mix it well.
- In a heated pan add water, soya granules.
- In another heated pan add oil, cumin seeds, finely chopped onions, ginger, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and mix it well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and toss it.
- Add soaked soya granules, pomegranate seeds, water and mix it well.
- In a heated pan add water.
- In the soya granules add finely chopped green chillies, coriander leaves and mix it.
- Add boiled mashed potatoes and mix it.
- Add the soya granule mixture in a bowl.
- In the heated water add marinated bitter gourd and let it cook.
- Stuff the bitter gourd with soya granule masala and seal it with thread all around.
- In a heated pan add mustard oil and fry the bitter gourd in it.
- In another pan of soya granule masala add the bitter gourd and cover the pan with a lid until cooked.
- Garnish it with soya granule masala, sliced onions and Bharva Kareley is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.