Bharli Karli By Pankaj Bhadouria
Maharashtrian cuisine is a potpourri of various spices and flavours. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria shares the recipe for Bharli Karli, an amazingly tasty Maharashtrian dish. This bitter gourd is stuffed with fragrant and flavourful masalas.Read More
- 5 - 6 bitter gourds
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 4 dry red chillies
- 1 tsp jaggery
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 tbsp tamarind pulp
- pink salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp roasted & crushed peanuts
- 2 tbsp desi ghee
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- Scrape the skin of the bitter gourd. Scoop out the inner part of bitter gourd and make it hollow. Soak it in the salted water for 30 minutes.
- In a blender jar, add grated coconut, dry red chillies, jaggery, a pinch of asafoetida, ginger, tamarind pulp, pink salt as per taste and grind it.
- Add water as required and prepare a smooth paste. Remove the paste in a bowl. Add roasted and crushed peanuts and mix it well.
- Stuff the bitter gourd with the filling. In a heated pan, add desi ghee and cook the bitter gourd in it.
- For tadka, add desi ghee in a pan and let it warm. Add a pinch of asafoetida, mustard seeds and let it splutter. Pour the tadka over the bitter gourd and serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.