Nothing can beat the taste of the authentic Bengali Bhapa Doi recipe. Just give it a little twist and serve your Doi with apple vinegar and black currants and make your dessert more colourful and flavoursome.Read More
- For Bhappa Doi: 1 Cup Condensed Milk
- 1 Cup Hung Curd
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 2 Cinnamon Stick
- 4 Green Cardamom
- ¼ Cup Orange juice
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 2 Crab Apple
- Strawberry Compote
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- Red Currents
- Procedure to make Bappa Doi: In a bowl add condensed milk, add hung curd, add milk and mix it well.
- Add cardamom powder and mix it.
- Add the mixture in a bowl and let it steam in a steamer for 10 -15 mins.
- In a heated sauce pan add water, cinnamon sticks, green cardamom, orange juice, sugar, crab apples.
- Take the mixture bowl out from the steamer and refriegerate it for 10 - 15 mins.
- For plating brush strawberry compote on a plate.
- Place the pickled crab apple on the plate.
- Place the bappa on the plate, add brown sugar and burn it out to turn crispy.
- To garnish Bappa Doi add pickled crab apple, add red berries and the dessert is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.