Bhappa Aam Doi (Bengali dessert) By The Guins
Bhappa Aam Doi (Bengali dessert)
Its summer the season of mangoes. Its also when we try to consume foods which gives cooling effects like cucumber, watermelon, yogurt, etc. This lockdown has affected us all in various ways but we still keep our spirits alive. And thats why a sweet treat to us with a simple yet delightful dessert.Read More
- 1 cup hung curd
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup of fully ripped Alphonso mango pulp
- 1 tbsp of Milk
- 2 pinch of saffron
- Soak the Saffron in warm milk for 10 miThen strain and keep it aside.
- Combine all the ingredients hung curd, condensed milk, mango pulp and the saffron milMix thoroughly.
- Put the mixture in small bowls and cover each of them with aluminium foi.
- Steam them for 30 minutes on low flame.
- Let it cool off and then remove.
- Garnish with the strained saffron strand and serve chill.
- Note 1: For Mango Pulp - Wash and Peel the skin of mango, dice the fleshy part of it and grind in a mixture to make a smooth pastDo not put water or milk.
- Note 2: For steaming use cooker without the whistlFill 1/3 of it with watePut a stand and keep the individual bowls on the stanPut the lid on and make sure that the whistle is remove.