Aromatic & Flavorful Sweet PilafRead More
- 2 cups Long Grain Rice
- Few strands Saffron
- 2 tbsp Milk (For Soaking Saffron)
- 150 gms dried mixed berries (cranberry, blueberry)
- 2 tbsp Rose Water
- ½ tbsp Kewra Water
- Vegetable Oil for cooking
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 2 Big onions
- Cardamom, Cinnamon, clove, Nutmeg, broken or coarsely ground
- Wash and soak 2 cups rice for 1 hour, drain the rice and keep aside.
- Heat water as required in a deep pan, add salt to taste and put rice in the pan, partially cook rice till it is almost done and drain it.
- In the deep pan, warm ghee, add bay leaf and spice mix, add cooked rice, pour half of the saffron milk over the rice, give it a toss and cover to cook for 5 minutes.
- Soak 150 gms mixed berries in water for 20 minutes and drain the water.
- Pour oil in a pan and fry the cashew and keep aside .
- In the same oil add the finely chopped onions till they are brown and set aside with a sprinkling of sugar on it .
- Pour oil in a pan and stir the soaked mixed berries in it .
- Pour the rest of saffron on the berries an also add 2-3 ladles of cooked rice from the pan.
- Stir rice with Berries and Saffron for a deeper reddish colour from berries & saffron to transfer to the rice .
- Spoon the rice on a plate, and add a few drops of rose water and kewra water .
- Transfer the berries and rice mix to form a top layer on the rice.
- Garnish with deep friend Cashew Nuts.