Bengali Tomato Chutney Tart By Ripu Daman Handa
Bengali Tomato Chutney Tart
Richly flavoured with Panch Phoron, Bengali tomato Chutney tart is tangy, spicy, and sweet.Read More
- For bengali tomato chutney
- 2 to 3 tomatoes
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 dry red chillies
- 1½ tsp panch phoron powder
- 1 tbsp dates
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ginger juice
- 2 tsp raisins
- 2 tbsp grated mozzarella cheese
- salt to taste
- 2 to 3 tbsp coconut oil
- For tart
- tart dough
- 1 to 2 tbsp whole bengal gram
- For the chutney heat coconut oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds and dried red chillies. Chop the tomatoes and add them to the pan.
- Add the panch phoron powder, roughly chopped dates, sugar, ginger juice, soaked raisins and salt. Mix and set aside in a bowl.
- Place the tart dough in a tart mould to shape the tart.
- Add the whole Bengal gram at the centre.
- Bake it in a pre heated oven at 180 C for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the Bengal gram from the centre and add the prepared Bengali chutney.
- Spread the mozzarella cheese over the chutney.
- Melt the cheese with the blow torch and serve hot.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.