Benarasi Mutton Curry By Ajay Chopra
Benarasi Mutton Curry
From red chillies to a dash of cinnamon, this steaming hot Benarasi mutton curry is all things sugar and spice. Have it with soft chapatis along with some finely chopped onions and green chillies.Read More
- 10 - 12 garlic cloves
- 1 inch raw turmeric root
- 1 blade mace
- 1 tsp dried lichen
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 3 green cardamoms
- 4 cloves
- 3 black cardamoms
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1 star anise
- 1 tsp black peppercorn
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 8 dried red chillies
- 2 onions
- 3 bay leaves
- 500 gm meat
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Procedure to make Benarasi Mutton Curry: In a bowl add garlic cloves, chopped onions, raw turmeric root, mace, dried lichen, poppy seeds.
- Add green cardamom, cloves, black cardamom, cinnamon, star anise, black peppercorn, cumin seeds and soak it in the water.
- Add dried red chillies in the mixer jar and grind it.
- Add the paste in a bowl.
- In a heated pan add oil, chop onion slice.
- In the oil add bay leaves, cumin seeds, chopped onions and let it cook until it turns brown.
- Add meat, water and mix it well.
- Add the paste in the mutton and mix it well.
- To prepare roti in a heated pan add ghee, cumin seeds and add the mixture to the mutton.
- Garnish it with sliced onions, green chillies, fresh coriander leaves and Benarasi Mutton Curry is ready to serve with roti.
Explore our Popular Stories.