Beetroot - pomegranate mousse By Nirali Mokaria
Beetroot - pomegranate mousse
It is a 3 layered dessert which contains minimum sugar, the base is made up of wheat beetroot sponge. The centre layer is a home made naturally flavoured cream cheese and the top has thick natural concentrate of beet and pomegranate juice.Read More
Preparation time 30 mins , Setting time 90 mins
- 1 whole beetroot grated
- Half cup home made cream cheese
- Half pomegranate juice
- Half cup wheat flour
- Half cup powdered sugar
- 1 pinch of baking soda
- Half teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Half cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon melted white chocolate
- Prepare a beetroot sponge cake base and cut in a circle with a cookie cutter.
- Whip the cream cheese, whipping cream and white chocolate together, add half tea spoon of the following mentioned concentrate for a light pink color .
- Prepare concentrate with pomegranate and beet juice by adding a teaspoon of sugar and boil it till it becomes very thick.
- Take one x ray sheet and cover it in round shape around the cookie cutter so that we can layer the mousse perfectly.
- Now layer up, start with bottom, the sponge, add the cream cheese mixture with a piling bag on the centre. Set it in fridge for 1 hour.
- Add the concentrate on the top to give it a glazed look and set for another 1 hour.
- Now take it out on a serving plate and gently remove the x-ray sheet and garnish with the florets made with beetroot and enjoy.